Monday, December 11, 2006

Enlisted for the National Guard

This is me and my little but big brother Matt. He's 18 years old and in his first year of college. A few weeks ago he enlisted for the National Guard. In many ways it makes me so nervous that he'll be in the National Guard--who knows when he'll be drafted to Iraq or some dangerous place like that. But then in many ways I'm proud, proud to be the sister of someone brave enough to fight for our country. In February he'll be leaving for his training until June. He'll learn the mechanics of putting together hummers. I"m so thankful that God will be with Him, and I pray that God will use him to be a witness to the other men he'll be living with. So I ask you to pray for him as he enters this next stage of his life.


~Matthew, I love you and I'm so proud of you!
Remember that God is with you always.~

2 comments:

John said...

From a person who has been in the military I have a couple tips for your brother as he goes to basic. Tell him not to do anything that makes him stand out. You want to become invisible in the eyes of your Drill instructors. Just blend in, try not to draw attention to yourself. And listen really close to what the instuctors say. It will keep you from messing up and standing out.

mitchells2000 said...

Hey, this is Heather Mitchell (Chris Mitchell's wife!) Please tell Matt congrats for us... he's grown up QUITE a bit since we last saw him. You can check out our blog at www.mitchells2000.blogspot.com