Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pray for Jessica!


I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to pray for my good friend Jessica Rabe. She has recently been diagnosed with Leukemia. Thankfully it is in the early stages. She had a bone marrow test recently and started on a pill called gleevec that's supposed to put it in remission. She is such a sweet friend and would be encouraged to hear of more people praying for her. Even if she wouldn't know you, let her know you are praying for her by emailing her at jessicara@nbbc.edu.

Below are some of her favorite quotes. To me they reflect the attitude that she has had even through her past health struggles.

"Don't let the bad things in life make you lose your smile - let the good things in life make you smile more."
- Unknown

"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."
- Charles Spurgeon

"If God sees that my spiritual life will be furthered by giving me the things for which I ask, then He will give them, but that is not the end of prayer. The end of prayer is that I come to know God himself."
- O. Chambers

"We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."
- O. Chambers

"We need to learn to know Him so well that we feel safe when we have left our difficulties with Him. Our payer life will become restful when it really dawns upon us that we have done all we are supposed to do when we have spoken to Him about it. From that moment we have left it with Him."
- O. Hallesby
"Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."
-I Peter 5:7


Pray for Jessica!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Did you get to see her while you're in MN? I'm praying for her.

love you - katie

brokeontwizzlers said...

no, i haven't seen her since school got out, although she does live in MN. She was in my cooking class with me and we always worked in the same kitchen making the same thing. She is so sweet, and we hope to be in the same kitchen next semester as well for Foods 2. love you katie. thanks for praying. april