Thursday, May 01, 2008

a door prize

Are you one of those people who never win door prizes? Well, that's how i feel, or felt. But, earlier this week I went to a Women's meeting at the seminary, it's like a snack, fellowship time along with a devotional type workshop. When we walked in, they had us put our name in a basket for the door prize. 3 names would be picked to have lunch with Mrs. Cook, Mrs. Cheong, or Mrs. Mohler(the president's wife). So, my friend and I put in our names, and laughed at the thought of my name getting called since I have the same last name. Of course, you wouldn't believe it, but the last person they called was me. Afterwards, when we were still standing around chatting, Mrs. Mohler came and introduced herself to me, and said that she would be taking me to lunch sometime in May. I have so many questions I could ask Mrs. Mohler. I've heard so many neat things about her from my friends who have taken some seminary wives classes from her. She is a really neat woman, and I look forward to getting to know her a little bit and learning from her.

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

oh that is funny. have fun!

hey, i heard your a red head!

The Horaks said...

How neat! Sounds like a great opportunity!