Wednesday, September 03, 2008

just an update

Well, we've been back into the swing of the semester. Scott is taking 12 credits, which made me cringe at first, but Scott is doing very well and enjoying most of his classes. He is gleaning so much from his professors and books. We are going through one of his hermaneutic books together and learning much from that.
A couple perks to being a seminary wife is I can use the gym for free and go to the sewing class on mondays. I've been working out there pretty regularly with some other "seminary wives" while our hubbies sit home and read, read, and read. Mondays are for sewing and Tuesdays are for organized volleyball at the seminary. Boy, I was rusty at volleyball. So, it's been nice taking advantage of those perks and having friends to enjoy them with.
me, Casey, Leah

Also, Scott and I are always busy Friday nights playing indoor soccer. It's a lot of fun and keeps us active. My boss also plays with us, which can be a bit confusing since her name is April as well. But I guess we're pretty much used to it from work. Everyone is grateful to have her on the team since she played professional soccer and is still in great shape of course. You should see her arms. Me and Casey always talk about having arms like hers. :) Anyway, we're starting to do much better in our games this season.

I went thrift store shopping with some new seminary wives that live in our apartments. We went on Labor Day and found there is a Unique Thrift store here in Louisville. Below is some of the fabric I found for super cheap along with a few polos for Scott.



Also, for Labor Day Scott and I enjoyed dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. Scott had chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and I had snickers cheesecake.


And this is a picture that just cracks me up. It's my little brother Marco and my Dad. If you can't tell Marco shaved the top of his head to match my dad and is wearing my dad's glasses. Also, how classic of my dad to wear a Patz shirt. Ha, I miss them. I miss my whole family!

1 comment:

Casey said...

oh to have arms like april...the other april, haha!

glad to have you as a workout partner and friend! : )