Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pray for the Doolittles































Doug Doolittle, a previous staff member of Northland, has been diagnosed with cancer. He is now pursuing quality life with his family as the doctor's give him little time to live. Please pray for him and the family.

Specifice ways he asks us to pray:

1.Pray for tumor growth – that God would slow down the growth of existing and new tumors.
2.Pray for pain relief – that God would ease my pain and discomfort.
3.Pray for rest – that God would allow me to sleep better at night.
4.Pray for voice – that God would allow me to record my testimony and that my voice would return.
5.Pray for diet – that God would allow me to eat enough food each day to maintain my weight.
6.Pray for my back – that God would allow me more time sitting up so I can get more done.

Quote from Doug Doolittle: "God’s Grace has sustained us and continues to sustain us through my cancer ordeal. We have been blessed and encouraged the past few weeks by letters, cards, meals, Christmas Carolers, and men sitting with me so Diane & the kids can go to church. God continually provides blessings and encouragement for us. He is so Good."

Quote from Diane Doolittle: "Our youngest recently had several bouts with the flu. Before I went to bed the night that he was up sick, I read Psalms 68:19. "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah." As I was awake in the night and holding a sick child and thinking of my dying husband upstairs I thought…loadeth us with benefits? THESE are my benefits? It’s a load all right. I looked up and saw a note that was given to us that day from a teenaged boy who had lost his mother very unexpectedly to a heart attack a couple years ago. His letter was full of praise to God and encouraging us and giving us comfort. That is a benefit. Then I began to "count my blessings" and realized that God indeed had loaded us with benefits and continues to do so daily. I began to thank God for all that He has done for me. The most important being the gift of salvation that He has allowed me to accept. How different my life would be right now if I did not know the Love of God. Count your blessings and the load of benefits that He gives every day. Our God is good….all the time."

View their website at http://www.ourwhisperingpines.com

Let them know you are praying.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for posting about this April and reminding me to pray for the Doolittles.

love you

the johnson crew said...

we are praying for them april. thank you for that post. i cannot imagine. wow. praise the Lord for his grace. it must be so hard.