Friday, May 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged

My sister Katie tagged me and my sister-in-law Tristan tagged me. So here are the 8 things about myself:

1) When I was ten, I was fishing at Phillip's Lake with my dad, my brother Matthew, and an elderly man we called Grandpa Al. My dad, thinking I knew how to cast a fishing pole, let me cast it all by myself. Big mistake! A few seconds later I heard my dad yell my name. I looked over, and cut some slack on the fishing line since the end of it was now hooked on my dad's nostril. We couldn't help but get a video of the worm hanging from his nose. But my poor dad ended up having to go to the emergency room to get it out. They had to freeze his nose and pull it all the way through. The next day he still went to church with a pierced nose.

2) When I was in first grade, I brought a rock to show and tell at school. This was a big rock I found that i thought looked like a diamond. Since I kept it out in the hall in my backpack during the day, i had to get it during bathroom break. So I ended up having to take it in the bathroom with me. I must not have felt comfortable leaving it on the bathroom counter, so I brought it into the stall with me. Another big mistake! As I was about to set the rock on the back of the toilet, it fell through the cardboard box I had it in and went straight for the toilet bowl. And so for the next few weeks the stall door read "Out of Order" and the broken toilet sat by the dumpster. I felt so guilty.

3) I love to crochet.

4) I've never had a broken bone.

5) I don't like to read, but my husband loves to read...and I mean he LOVES it.

6) Someday I'd like to adopt a Chinese baby girl, but I wonder how I'll ever be able to afford to meet the demands of the Chinese adoption policies.

7) I like to organize and decorate.

8) I love being married...Scott's the best. I always tell him he's my bestest friend.

Now I have to tag 8 people. So i'm tagging Scott, Stella, Janelle, Heather, Kelly, Sarah, Alicia, and Jenn.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love that story! That video is hilarious - especially Al's comments. What a hoot; Dad's such a good sport. Remember, he drove by the Noonan's on the way home & saw Mrs. Noonan? She thought he was joking around with the hook in his nose, and almost yanked on it! :)

I didn't know that story about your show-and-tell rock. You area great decorator. You have such a cute apt. love you - katie

the johnson crew said...

i still can't believe little april broke a toilet.

Chuck & Tristan said...

I love that story about the fishing outing:)

mitchells2000 said...

Thanks for the laughs... great stories. Thanks for tagging me, too... I FINALLY posted mine! Nothing earth-shattering... enjoy!